Saturday, October 24, 2009

Why hello there!

Hey there fellow bloggers! Or readers, whichever. Anyway, my name's Hanna. I figured that before I just dive in, I should give you guys a little idea about what this blog is/who I am. Of course, I'm not going to go into great detail about the latter, because that would be weird. But, I've been reading a lot of blogs lately, and I decided that I was sick of not knowing how they were going to turn out. Or having them turn out in a way that I didn't like. So, I just decided that I should stop complaining and just write my own! Hope you enjoy! :D

Alright, so the main character of my story is Mikayla Russell. She's in her early 20s, just graduated college, and works as a journalist for a small magazine. I haven't decided if I'm going to make up a magazine or take the title from one I read, so there's not really a title for it yet. Her job won't be a main part of the first few posts, so I've got a little time to figure out what I want to do. She's part of a Mormon family, has one older brother, Merrick, three younger brothers, Max, Malcolm, and Mylan, and one little sister, Mary. You'll learn about them more when you read the story. Don't even ask why all of their names start with "M." I don't know what I was thinking when I made them up. I guess I was planning on Mikayla only having two siblings, and I wanted her brother to be named Max (after my brother), and then I decided that I couldn't have two "M" names and just have her sister be left out. And then I wanted her to have more brothers, and the Ms just continued. I don't know. Like I said, don't ask (:

Now, about the Mormon thing. I was having my friend read over what I've written so far, and she said that sometimes I sound a little stereotypical, which some people may find offensive. I'm really not trying to offend anyone out there with what I write. So, if any Mormons are going to read this, sorry if this seems rude. My mom's side of the family is actually Mormon, and I've got nothing but love for them :D I'm really just writing about what I know about my cousins' lifestyle. So if I'm wrong about anything, I'm sorry. I don't have the facts, so I'm just writing from what I know about their lives. If anyone wants to change what I'm saying, then bring it on ;)

I guess that Mikayla is based a little on me, but I haven't really done anything that she's done in her life. So maybe her reactions to the things she's doing is based on how I think I'd act in that situation. Now, Mikayla's closest (emotionally and in age) with her brother Max, who is totally based on my actual brother. They're practically identical. I guess I based Mikayla's friend Hayden off of my real-life friend Adam. And when I was naming my characters, I just looked around my room for words and posters of people and stuff, so if some of them sound weird or familiar, that's why.

I suppose that I've told you everything I can (actually, everything I want to. there's more I can tell you, but I won't :D), so you'll just have to read to find out more! My very first post will be up in the next couple of days. I really need to sit down and figure out a posting schedule that I can stick to. But stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment