Monday, November 16, 2009

My Life Would Suck Without You

Hayden and I didn’t stay at The Sip much longer after Jenna left. We abused her car, however, and drove around town wasting her gas. I have always loved everything about driving, except paying for gas. This time, I’m not driving my own car, so I won’t have to refuel. That probably makes me a bad friend, but it feels really good. Just as I was about to turn in, Hayden interrupted the comfortable silence.

“You know, I think I’ll take you up on that offer.”

I racked my brain, trying to think of what I offered him earlier. Eventually, I just gave up. “What offer?”

“I really wanna get turned on with you.” Out of context, his sentence sounded horrible. But I simply laughed, remembering our conversation a couple of hours ago.

“No problemo. I’ve been dying to get home and surround myself with Jack Sparrow.” I drove to Jenna’s house to drop off her car, and Hayden and I walked the few blocks to my apartment. He put himself to work restarting the DVD, and I ran into the kitchen for cookies and cocoa.

“YES, Girl Scout cookies. Nobody came by my place selling this year,” he pouted. With that, kid Elizabeth’s face filled the screen, and we shut up to watch in silence.

I woke up in my living room, resting my head on something hard. I looked up and realized it’s Hayden’s shoulder. He must have felt me moving, because he glanced down at me before whispering, “Well, good morning sleepyhead.” I might have laughed, but I’m still too tired.

“What are you doing here?”

He chuckled before responding, “You forgot? Gosh, Kayla. We’re watching two mega-hotties on your beautiful TV!”

Suddenly remembering, I replied, “Three.” He looked back at me with a puzzled expression. “You’re forgetting about Will.”

“Riiiiiiight,” he muttered before turning back to the television. “Hope you don’t mind, but I put in the second DVD.” He noticed my expression and answered the question running through my mind. “You kind of fell asleep two minutes after the first one started.”

“Awww MAN! So I missed the swordfight AGAIN!?”

Hayden laughed at my outburst. “Apparently. Now, either shut up, or go make me more cocoa.” Not wanting to get up, I chose the first of his two options. I pulled the blanket around me tighter and drifted in and out of sleep. Soon, the movie arrived at the scene where Elizabeth stuck her tongue down Jack’s throat.

“Slut.” Hayden jumped a little, surprised at my comment. He must have thought I was still asleep.

“Little Mormon Mikayla, what did you say!?”

I ignored his Mormon comment and repeated my first word, “She’s such a slut.”

“She wasn’t really kissing him, she just wanted to chain him to the ship.”

“Well, there are other ways of doing that! Seriously, Will deserves better.” Hayden groaned beside me. “Well, come on! He is like… the perfect man. And he loves her so much. I can’t believe she’d even take a chance at giving that all away for stupid Jack.”

“Stupid Jack? Stupid Jack!?” he exclaimed. All I talk about night and day is how incredible Johnny Depp is. And now I’m bashing one of his characters? Even I’m a little surprised.

“Okay, he’s not stupid. But I still say that Will deserves better.”

“Alright,” Hayden said, jumping on the couch so that he was facing me. “Who would you choose? Jack or Will?”

I thought very long and hard about his question before answering. “Well, even though Jack is super fine, Will is just the better person. I guess Will.”

“You would not.”

“Okay… no I wouldn’t. Johnny Depp is just too sexy for anyone to deny.” Hayden rolled his eyes and began pitting Johnny against other celebrities. We played this little high school game for what felt like hours. Of course, Johnny won every time. Even though he’s like twenty years older than me, I just can’t think of anyone more attractive. After a while, our laughs turned into sighs, and those sighs turned into yawns. “Well, I guess I should drive you home.”

“No way,” he whined. “We’ve still got the last movie to watch!”

I pouted. “Hayyyyyydeeeeeeennn.” My lack of sleep is making me act like a child. “But if I put this in now, we’ll just fall asleep to it. And then my TV will run all night, and you’ll drool all over my pretty couch.”

“Okay, ew to the drooling thing. No I wouldn’t,” he countered. “Besides, who says I’ll even fall asleep? Some people have the ability to stay awake for more than a couple minutes.” Staying true to the childish behavior I exhibited earlier, I stuck my tongue out at him before putting At World’s End into my DVD player. I pulled the blanket up higher, and instantly fell asleep on Hayden’s shoulder once more. It feels so good having my best friend back.

No comments:

Post a Comment